What happens if it is refused?

If the visa is an offshore visa (eg. Tourist visa, offshore General Skilled Migration visa, or Student visa), then there is no right of appeal. If it is an onshore visa, or if there is an onshore sponsor, then yes it may be appealed at the Administrative Affairs Tribunal (formerly the Migration Review Tribunal or MRT). The AAT is independent of the Department, and will overturn decisions if they are proved to be incorrect.

Please click here if this helped you.
1 person found this helpful.

← FAQ Page